Vested is on a mission to make the entire VC asset class accessible to investors. We provide access to VC returns that only the most elite institutions could previously access. Vested aims to create funds like nothing else on the market, with a novel combination of diversification and investment selection. We build these funds by helping employees acquire their hard-earned equity and taking a portion of shares in return.
Vested is reimagining VC investing. First, its funds are open to all accredited investors, not just elite institutions.
Second, Vested’s “index” approach to VC investing seeks to avoid the concentration risk and late stage bias common in VC investing. Further, by setting strict diligence and underwriting rules based on a machine learning analysis of the past 20 years of VC data, Vested endeavors to avoid the fat tail of startups that fail. Vested’s back-tests suggest that this may enable it to best the median returns of the VC asset class, as measured by Cambridge Associates.
Finally, by helping employees enjoy the success of their companies, Vested buys common stock, which is priced at a significant discount to the prices VCs pay. This value purchase could further help Vested best the median returns of the VC index.
Any accredited investor can invest in Vested’s funds or startup co-investment opportunities.
Investors are typically subject to management and performance fees. Specific fees vary by investment product.
Vested, Inc. is currently an exempt reporting advisor (ERA) under the SEC’s regulatory framework. Vested Securities, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vested, Inc. Vested Securities is a registered Broker-Dealer with the SEC and is a member of FINRA/SIPC.
Signing up with Vested is easy. After confirming you are an accredited investor, you will gain provisional access to the investor portal. Once you’re fully onboarded, you will have access to all relevant investment offerings.
You can contact the Vested team in one of three ways:
- By emailing us at email@example.com
- By using the Contact Us page.
- By using the Intercom feature on the investor portal.
We will respond in 1 business day. Our usual reply time is under 6 hours.
Vested is open to all accredited investors. Please contact us for additional details.
Vested’s offerings are currently only open to accredited investors. Vested strongly believes more people should be able to access the VC asset class and is continuously working to improve the accessibility of its products.
- Investments can be funded by ACH transfer, wire, SWIFT/IBAN, or a brokerage account. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out. Wire instructions specific to each investment will be issued via capital call once your investment has been accepted.
- Example: you can fund your investment via ACH transfer or wire. However, you must have a US bank account in order to fund your investment via ACH transfer. We recommend choosing ACH when possible.
- Example: Standard ACH transfers can be made from a member’s bank account for amounts up to $100,000 can be made through the platform’s online software. Amounts larger than $100,000 are made using a wire transfer directly to the relevant real estate company. For each investment opportunity, the relevant real estate company will have a specific account and routing number that will be provided to the member so that funds are properly received into the investment.
An investor can invest as much as they would like, subject to fund minimums. If an investor wishes to invest further, please contact Vested to coordinate a new fund creation.
Vested will send the following reports:
- For fund investments: We provide quarterly updates and investor statements within 45 days of quarter-end (note your first quarterly report may follow the first complete calendar quarter. Should you invest via a custodian, your quarterly statement details will also be integrated into your account statement. Annual financials and tax reporting (K-1 statements) will be provided within 90 days of the end of each year.
- For co-investment deals Vested will provide tax reporting within 120 days of the end of each fiscal year.
For fund investments K-1s will be issued within 90 days of the end of each year. For individual deals tax reporting will be sent within 120 days